Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Friday, 3 September 2010


I have been knitting again, this time finishing off a pair of lace fingerless gloves. My knitting isn't brilliant. I used to blame it on my left handedness but I think that's probably a cop out. The secret to being good at anything I think is practice and - controversially in this day and age - learning the right way of doing it. There! I said it! I'm not one for doing things 'my way', at least not until I learn the way that has worked and has been perfected for many many years by people much more talented than I.

Mind you, despite following the pattern to the letter, copying exactly stitch diagrams in books and researching an old Norwegian casting on method, despite all that one glove turned out to be an inch shorter than the other! Maybe I am not such a good example of the virtue of doing things the 'right way' after all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment