Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Friday, 18 June 2010

SCHOOL FAIR

It's the school fair tomorrow and we haven't got many raffle prizes so I though I would make something. Did the usual flicking through all my magazines hoping to find something quick as I didn't have time to design anything. This cushion caught my eye as it was mainly done on the machine but unfortunately it took ages! I thought it would be quick because I machine appliqued with good old non-fraying felt but I didn't count on how long the hand embroidery would take and, of course, I altered the design!


(Also note that I have used a little bit of my precious new material. That is probably the quickest use of 'I don't know what to do with it but I have to have it' fabric yet!)

It may have taken me twice as long to make as I had planned but I love the result, unfortunately so does my daughter and she wasn't impressed when I said she would have to buy a raffle ticket!

No comments:

Post a Comment