Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Monday, 17 May 2010


I am not a very fast learner!

I have wanted to try lacemaking for a while and, as I have an amazing husband, I got a lacemaking pillow as a surprise for my birthday. I'm not one of those people who picks things up easily but I do believe everything can be learnt from a book - unfortunately I have to read an instruction out loud about three times before I can figure out what it is I'm supposed to do.

So I have taken a photo of my work in progress because I think it will take me quite a while to finish it! It's a torchon lace fan and I'm sure any proper lacemaker could do the pattern with their eyes shut. I, however, have to have my eyes wide open, safety pins on the worker bobbins so I don't forget which is which and the telly off so that I can concentrate. No telly? Then this will take a while!

1 comment:

  1. That is going to be beautiful and well worth the time I think. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete