Sunday, 2 May 2010
Another last minute make. I was interested to have a go at machine embroidery. My machine doesn't have many fancy stitches, but as it did everything else on my wish list when I bought it I didn't want to spend an extra hundred pounds on a flashier model that had an extra 50 stitches I may only use once.
So the flower is made using a very simple, but pretty, blanket stitch. I've used this stitch before for machine applique but have never attempted to use it to embroider an image so I am very pleased with how it has turned out. Unfortunately however I now have delusions of grandeur. I want to do a 'skyscraper at night' scene purely using the stitches on my machine, plus maybe a little applique here and there. Might take me a while!