Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Saturday, 10 April 2010


I was better at making suffolk puffs when I didn't do much sewing.
My small applique/hand quilting stitches which I have spent seven years trying to make teeny tiny don't gather tightly. You are then left with quite a big hole in the centre of your puff when it should be quite small, and nobody wants that!

Still, I didn't want to waste my first attempt. I sewed a second one gathering the puff up with some shockingly big 'homeward bounders' stitches (I remember Lofty from Eastenders using this phrase) and attached it to the first, bigger, worser, one. A button and a hairband later and my daughter is very pleased with my mistake.

And now I've mastered the puff I can make a cushion. Happy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment